Stories about Short storyRead all
- Gary Alexander 182 This is a recollection, couching some thoughts about dealing with, focusing on, a life perspe
- WritersEffigy 168 A man who always fought the urge gives into it.
Over The Rainbow
- TwistedAnomaly 110 The first and last time I ever saw that boy, was during a walk through the richer district of
Walkin' The Dog
- Lawrie 107 Hi! My name is Joe Dingleberry and this young lady is my lovin' sweetheart Nancy Googlehamme
If Tomorrow Never Comes
- Louvre a Chariad 105 We met when we were young, just children. Even then you were beautiful, right down to the las
- Stella Dawn 103 I stared at the clock. / 605 PM. / Why isnt dad home by now? He had promised me. I kept stari
- Ren Taylor 98 I had always disliked him. Not because he was loud or shameless or sloppy or strange; funny a
Look Both Ways
- Nephlim 94 Mr. Shepard kicked his dog, the action as natural as his heart’s irregular palpitations. He<
S The Voiceless Abortion
- Sinthe 93 I’m carsick again. Lovely. Stopped on the side of the freeway to puke on the shoulder. So tha
Tyree's Ride - Chapter 2
- Seamus 87 Know how to ride a horse?”1 /
She nodded her head. Indeed I do, sidesaddle. It was one of m
V Anasazi: Last Lament
- Valkyrie 86 All things must end to start again.
- Stella Dawn 83 She opened her eyes to find the colors gone. Snowflakes fell to the ground beside her. She lo
- Corrupthoughts 83 A conversation of thoughts.
- Lithron 83 In a foreign field he lay, Lonely soldier, unknown grave, On his dying words he prays, Tell t
K The Escort
- kdrzazga 82 He entered the room and shyly said Hello. Forty to forty five years old, bald, thin, no talle
Us, Together (Based On A True Story): Preface
- Sallyz54 She thinks I like her best friend. I keep telling her I don't. But she won't listen. How can
... wake up dead...
- Peter Hunter wake up dead / Peter Hunter / losing the will to live was in itself disconcerting, but combi
(One night stand #1 draft changed edit) More Than Friends
- JenniferJ The black lights flooded over me and Blake. They lit up our clothing and darkened our skin. I
- AboveAllRandom22 There was a place I liked to visit when things went wrong. A small empty field near an abando
N My First...
- nadz Epilogue / I'm pregnant, I said with tears rolling down my cheeks. / Your what?! He replied i
One night stand #1 first draft
- JenniferJ The black lights flooded over me and Blake. They lit up our clothing and darkened our skin. T
F Help me
- Fireicerage Its been, like, five years I've observed time, every moment has imprinted on my mind like a d
The king Sun
- helmysavit He was king over all kings and who did not undergo either bitter law of the earth or the mean
World of Wildflowers
- WindancerForever Warm summer sunshine washes across my skin. I close my eyes and drink it in, feeling it heat
One Last Glance
- WindancerForever I pressed my face against his shoulder, breathing in the sweetness of his cologne as it mingl
Yesterday was only a dream.
- shadowXstra I just stood there, looking at Oscar. / He had just finished some speech so drenched in meta
- andesite Dear Diary, / I dont know what to do anymore. Life is like a river, just flowing, flowing flo
- Kit Bitschuary Once upon a fucking time. We hear it over and over again. Once upon a fucking time. Do you wa
My Name is Roxanne Kane
- Dizzy Dreamerz SUICIDE / Suicide, the very word is enough to make you cringe. Depending on who you are depen
- WindancerForever BANG! / I heard the gunshot. I saw his face, frozen in shock. More shots rang out, this
- PoeticProgression John always liked trains. He liked feeling small standing next to the iron behemoths that cou
H Dreamer. Yeah, right.
- Horsemadtilly Aislin. That's me. It's Gaelic, meaning 'dreamer'. Yeah, right. / My Dad chose it. Just my lu
H The Problem of Evil
- Ross Hill My muscles trembled with a force that Ive never felt before. I could not stop now. After hija
Puss in Boots and the Ogre
- ApatheticAlbino NOT MY STORY!! Just reiterating it because it was one of my favorites as a child and I found
- ApatheticAlbino It was a crisp, cloudy, autumn evening, colder than what the locals claim to be the norm here.
- Hephaestion Her smile was always there, he could see it by the dim glow of the sewing machine, the only l
- Emma12 It all started with tears, a simple goodbye, and a not so happy ending. Everything seemed to
E Twelve Days and Nights|Complete Short Story|
- Eccd Chapter 1 / Driving to Huntson Nobel Private School at night is dangerous. The roads leading
H Best friends, hey?
- Horsemadtilly Best friends, hey? What would we do without them? / These guys...they are brilliant. I couldn'
P The Fairy Door
- Pensoul It was a curious door too small for people to fit through. Even in my youth, I doubted I cou
Not a Happy Ending.
- Kkelsey My name is Sarah Holland. Today is a very special day for me. The day I was born. I was turni
O The Three Moon Thieves (Part 1)
- Okami IN THE GREEN, majestic mountains of China, many centuries ago, there lived a white hare named
Demons of the Woods
- DarkAngel1233211 I've been waiting for this day for a long time. This was the day that I was going camping wit
Short Story: Long Live the Necromancer
- Kerbecs Is this...what it really feels like...? / Is this what death truely is...? / The rain cascade
The Dreaded Poopitis
- HunterF Never in my life had I seen so much cheese. It was a godly amount. Like fit for a god. This w
The Witch's Curse: Princess Flora
- Fionna Princess Flora came out of the palace. Her stepfather, Mr. Louis, never allowed her to. Fortu
- Draaary. Pink or blue? / Orange. / Rachel! Seriously, pink or blue? / Rachel locked her phone and slid
- Jason Todd Ammo? asked Captain Malcolm Zulu Zimmer. / UhhhCheck! replied Liam Brick Rason, pencil and ch
D Katie and the Dinosaur
- DarkMonkeyKnight There once was a cave girl called Katie. Well actually her name was Ugg, but Katie is a far p
The Lonely Hearts
- Stella Dawn Mimi was setting the table as the smell of freshly baked brownies filled the room. Coreen was
C Two Men and a Gator or Bombs in Detroit
- John Mark Calahan People were sleeping in Detroit when Goose heard what sounded like an explosion, saw a bright
For the Underdogs
- Draaary. We can't do this, And, Carmen complained. A large book sailed over head. Hey! / Quiet, Carmen.
The Price of Love
- Stella Dawn It was a normal day at work when I got this phone call from Becky, my wife. / Hey honey, she
River Flows in You
- Piano.Angel Refresh page for music / Unfinished / Tears dribbled down my rough cheeks as I sobbed silent
Kiss the Rain
- Piano.Angel Refresh page for music / I folded my hands into his and he smiled. I smiled back and snuggled
S The Slyness of Soccer
- Jared Scherer Winter is upon us now. That gloomy season where bitter wind blows unrestrained through nude t
Don't Mess With Her
- Ivy Ash This is about my best friend Rhiley. She is the best friend I could ever have. When she moved
Newstalgia - Chapter 1
- Metal-Orchid Ow! You fucker! I yelped, rubbing the red hand print on my cheek where my best friend Dean ha
- Metal-Orchid The cigarette tasted like a phantom limb tucked between my lips it's crisp, polluted thoughts
Frankenstein and the Tractors
- Wimbone Frankenstein and the Tractors / I agonized to the beat of my thumping tires. I wanted to get
Rise to Power
- AboveAllRandom22 So many things had changed since the clans new leader rose to power. He was strong, brave and
M The Story Behind the Quote " Hellen Keller"
- moi4 The sound of the hustling wind annoys me it reminds of the screams of the innocent in the win