Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay in contest, I went to Oregon for a week! And while I was there I was just enjoying my time with my grandparents! Listening to their stories when they were growing up, how they both met, playing games with them, and of course eating Grandma's cooking!! So I want you guys to write me a poem about your grandparents! Write either you listening to their stories, best memories about them, whatever, as long it's about your wonderful grandparents! And twist is you must use a LOVELY word bank!!! You must have these words in your poem, or you will be DQ! Words are, LOVE, PASSION, LAUGHTER, SCREAM, JEALOUS.
These are the only people who can enter into this second part of the rounds contest!!
-Ellie Le Jeune
- This contest was judged on Sep 03 05:58 PM.
500 for gold, 300 for silver, 200 for bronze.
Not anonymous - the host sees your username
were not accepted.
Stick to Prompt
Must use Wordbank
Any styles of poetry
No reserves since it's just you 15
About the Host
Onedayp has run 14 contests since joining in 2012.
This is a contest from Allpoetry
Our sister site for poems
Thank you for all who have entered! I want to give a special thanks for the people who didn't make it into the next rounds! You guys have given me wonderful poems, and you guys should be proud of what you have created! And for the people advancing, I wouldn't rest right now! You guys have your next contest starting right now! http://allpoetry.com/contest/2577203-A_4_Rounds_Contest-Redeemed
People who are advancing to the FINALS!!!
Ellie Le Jeune
Thanks again to everyone!
- Words in a Dream
The creak of an old rocking chair / Calls me back into my childhood / the love i havereceived makes me who i am. / In my mind my grandmother sings melullabies. / I am ten in exhaustion i scream in protest / when my mother lays me to sleep
- "Southern Comfort Grandma"
Mouth like a gutter snipe / screaming and shouting / in passionate rage / fueled by Southern Comfort. / Laughter as abundant as tears / in a mind riddled with unwarranted jealousies. / Young me shied away from the real creature / That my grandma proved to
- Halcyon Days
My Mother and father had a luncheonette / and worked hard for long hours. / I was sent to live with my grandparents / in Margate at the beach in New Jersey. / The house was two blocks from the ocean. / Those years are the happiest of my childh
- My Grandparents
These are the people that taught me about love / and to put my faith in God above. / In their house there was so much laughter / I knew that they would be together forever after. / Grandma told me of their courtship / and how they creat
To keep this contest judgement anonymous, please
read/comment on all entries at once.
Nothing could be so Grand!
- february14 • New write, • commented My grandpa? he was crazymy grandma? She was nuts / they loved each other forever on that ther
Quick and Well
- FrenchGirl • New write, • commented You realise youve become an adult / when the last of your grandparents is gone. / Thats when
52 is still a Child!
- MikuMikulove • New write, • commented I love when I go to grandma's / because she is always so fun. / When she's around / laughter
C Dear Grandma
- Cristen • New write, • commented Thank you for your love. / Not the fake kind / Marked with the odor of insincere kisses / Rat
Grandpa's House On the Lake
- Rebel Coyote • New write, • commented Grandpa's house had a fireplace / In the basement with lots of space / Where as a child I lik